- 115g water or cherry juice
- 115g sugar
- 350g sweet cherries, pitted
- 115g brandy
- Heat water and sugar. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes to a light syrup.
- If using frozen cherries, thaw and drain. Use the juice in place of the water.
- Add the cherries and brandy to the syrup. Cool, then refrigerate at least a few days for the flavors to blend. Will keep several weeks refrigerated.
- A super simple way to make brandied cherries is to drain a jar of sweetened cherries.
- Replace 115 grams of the juice with an equal amount of brandy.