- 150g milk
- 75g melted unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 225g all-purpose flour, unbleached OR whole wheat pastry flour
- 140g sugar
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 140 fresh blueberries, or frozen, see tips
- Combine liquid ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients and mix only to blend, on low speed, or by hand.
- Fold in blueberries
- Portion with a generous #20 scoop into 12 paper-lined muffin pans.
- Bake at 375ºF 18 minutes or until firm and done.Makes 12 muffins
If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw beforehand. Take them out of the freezer just before adding them to keep the berries from bleeding into the batter.